National Parts Specialist
TIP Trailer Services is one of Europe and Canada’s leading equipment service providers. We specialize in trailer leasing, rental, maintenance, and repair, as well as other value-added services, and provide these to transportation and logistics customers across Europe and Canada.
At TIP we recognize that it is our people who make the difference and are the key to our growth and ongoing success. As we continue to evolve and grow, we believe in hiring the best people, who are as committed to creating a top customer experience and work along-side great teams as we are. If you want to join a growing Company and enjoy working with great people – then come grow with us!
We are currently looking for a National Parts Specialist to work closely with our Parts Teams, with a focus on our national parts strategy, and help balance parts quality with the best cost. This role will report to our Director of Procurement. As this is a National role, the candidate could be located near any TIP branch in Canada. Some travel will be required.
Description of Duties:
- Work together with Procurement Director to:
- Design and implement National Parts Purchasing Guidelines
- Set up direct purchasing with manufactures to strengthen TIP Canada’s place in the market
- Organize and negotiate parts supply agreements
- Design, implement and audit Inventory Management policy
- Work together with Maintenance Leader to:
- Implement and direct national parts strategies to maintain parts product quality and the best possible cost while maximizing return
- Establish shop tooling standards and buying protocols
- Create KPIs for all parts rooms including but not restricted to minimum parts quantities.
- Directs the development and implementation of plans and programs to improve the efficiency of maintenance operations
- Build and develop relationships with key suppliers.
- Perform supplier audits when needed and negotiate as required
- Forecast purchasing requirements nationally (part capacity planning, maintaining adequate parts levels)
- Monitor quality, cost and efficiency of the parts and ensure bottom line profitability for all parts.
- Identify opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures
- Manage the parts OEMs warranty processes. Identify opportunities to exploit the manufacturer’s warranty and goodwill schemes to best advantage whilst maintaining adequate part supply
- Overall review and approval of large parts orders
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience in working in parts department/parts procurement
- Experience in the transportation industry is an asset
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written
- Data Driven; Can pull relevant data to present findings to a team
- Works well within a team environment and able to manage relationships at all levels of an organization
- Ability to work independently
- High energy with strong desire to deliver results
- Positive attitude with a “Can do” mentality
- Ability to respond to potentially tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- IT proficiency (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Why work for TIP Canada:
- We provide competitive benefits and reward packages
- Above average pay package
- Excellent RRSP plan.
- Benefits package that includes an employee & family assistance plan, and a healthcare spending account
- Internal and external training opportunities
- We make sure that people enjoy working and feel they are recognized while having a challenging and interesting job
Our assets reach every part of the world. Our people connect industries and economies every day. Discover how far you can go with us! Apply now!
Thank you for your application to TIP Fleet Services Canada Ltd. All applications will be reviewed carefully by our team. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
TIP Fleet Services Canada Ltd. supports diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.