Global Asset Manager Vehicles
TIP Trailer Services is one of Europe and Canada’s leading equipment service providers. With more than 75 branches spread over 17 countries, TIP provides an array of products and services such as leasing, rental, maintenance & repair, roadside and other value-added solutions for transportation and logistics customers. The organization is currently divided into 7 regions, responsible for their own P&L and strong central leadership team. TIP wants to continue to grow through expanding its services / products and optimizing the network through a more aligned approach.
Asset Management is a core activity for the business, making sure TIP is making the best investment decisions on asset types and volumes, maintaining the asset holding periods before disposal and monitoring and updating the residual value policies. The core responsibility is to increase asset profitability by optimizing the portfolio. Driving the highest possible utilization is the core KPI to monitor and manage. The goal of asset management is to become more proactive and take opportunities with Asset Management as the key linking pin to manage the entire fleet in the most optimal way. There is an opportunity here to optimize the current fleet and stimulate efficiency.
This position will work in close cooperation and agreement with the regional teams and headquarters departments to develop asset management strategies and deploy tactical plans to realize TIP's vision and objectives. The Global Asset Manager will report to the Global Equipment Director at HQ in Amsterdam.
- Develop capex and spec capex (pre-buy) planning for fleet with regions and monitor the execution and reporting the progress of the capex plan and spec capex plans.
- Run the RVC meetings, suggest and execute on changes in residual values.
- Optimize the holding period strategy per asset type, advising on fleet procurement and disposal plans.
- Pro-actively challenge regions and propose solutions to increase utilization of the fleet. (defleet, refurb, push pull etc).
- Focus on asset management through analysis on:
- Portfolio performance, by asset by geography.
- Optimal capex allocation planning.
- Capacity utilization of the current fleet.
- Develop analysis and cooperate with pricing to understand profitability by asset type, country and derive strategic views on capex deployment policies.
- Perform distressed assets reporting / impairment test.
- Monitor accuracy of depreciation and net book value of the fleet.
- Lead the annual fleet valuation exercise needed for funders and other stakeholders.
- Monitor market trends to recommend on new asset type investments and identify opportunities for profitable growth (special assets).
- Further cement the new product introduction process exploring and expanding the portfolio into new asset classes. Monitor market trends to recommend new asset type investments and identify opportunities for profitable growth.
- Build an integrated end-to-end asset management process to optimize the current and future fleet for the entire TIP organization.
Knowledge / Experience & Skills / Competencies
- Bsc/Msc degree with a business focus (business administration, finance, marketing, etc.).
- Work experience, in a multinational asset management organization in the commercial vehicle, rental or leasing industry.
- Proven strategic vision & analytical skills with the ability to provide guiding and able to translate strategies and business priorities into actionable plans.
- Flexible, resourceful and someone who takes initiatives with a solution based approach to opportunities/issues.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in a multi-cultural matrix organization with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English, additional languages such as German is preferred.